Collection of your Personal Information
- We value your trust. In order to honor that trust, Westover Vineyard Advising adheres to ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you provide.
- We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you (“personal information”). For example, when you register for a subscription, we will need your contact information: name, company name (optional), address, phone number, email address, and when you provide payment information for a subscription, we will need your credit card information for billing. We do not retain your credit card information on our site, however, our credit card processor, Stripe, does retain your credit card information on their servers to facilitate reoccurring subscription processing. If you select “Rememeber Me” during checkout, Stripe will require you to enter your mobile phone number for security purposes. We will retain your name, company name, address, phone number and email address in a user profile. If you choose to use the “Gift a Subscription” feature promoted through virtualviticultureacademy.com, we will ask for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email advising of the gift. Westover Vineyard Advising stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one time email. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
- As is true of most websites, we gather site-visitation data automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
Use of your Personal Information and Other Data
- Non-Identifiable Data: We use our log files to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We utilize unstructured machine learning technologies to understand user behaviors and to provide user-specific recommendations.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. Your personal information may be transferred to a buyer or other successor in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event in which personal information held by us about our site users is among the assets transferred.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:
We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. For instance, we use an outside credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies are not permitted to use any personal information that we share with them for any other purpose aside from providing services to us.
- Legal Requirements: In certain situations, Westover Vineyard Advising may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or similar legal process served on our site. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only collect that personal data that is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Furthermore, we will not process your personal information in a way that is incompatible with these purposes.
Control of your Personal Information
Access to your Personal Information
Upon request Westover Vineyard Advising will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at [email protected].
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, we will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from our site. We will even allow you to completely delete your profile along with all personal information associated with that profile, although this option may significantly degrade your experience with our platform. If you wish to make this request, please contact us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. If you would like view your personal information that we hold at any time, you may access your profile from our website.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. Every page on our site is rendered via an encrypted connection using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Therefore, when you enter sensitive information (such as a username and password or credit card number) on our registration forms, your information is sent over an authenticated and encrypted connection using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We store your personal information only on servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities, and use a variety of technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nonetheless, no communication via the Internet can ever be 100% secure. Accordingly, you are advised to use caution and discretion when determining what personal information to disclose to us via the site. If you have any questions about security on our site, contact us as follows:
- Email: [email protected]
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Anti-Spam Policy/Opt-out Choice
We are committed to providing users of this site with the choice to receive or not receive marketing-related e-mails and/or communications from us. We only send commercial e-mails to registered users, subscribers and affiliates with relationships with Westover Vineyard Advising and its team. We offer e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every commercial e-mail. If you would like to opt-out of receiving further communications, please follow the directions in the e-mail received or contact us using email here ([email protected]).
Please note that we may not include the opt-out information in e-mails that are transactional in nature and are not marketing communications (i.e., e-mails concerning your order, the website’s Terms and Conditions of Use, etc.). If you have questions or concerns regarding a non-commercial e-mail, please contact us.
Links to Other Web Sites
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
We will conduct compliance audits of our relevant privacy practices to verify compliance with this policy.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be submitted to the Westover Vineyard Advising by e-mail as follows:
- Email: [email protected]